Feature Wrap Title
Feature Wrap Subtitle
ECU offers a number of convenience services for our members. Take advantage of these services.
ECU offers free ATM access at all Educators Credit Union locations, as well as our ATM located in the lobby of Education Service Center Region 12 in Waco.
Due to international ATM fraud, ECU ATM cards cannot be used for transactions outside the United States (exceptions are ATM facilities on a military base or other U.S. installations).
Due to an increase in ATM scams, all out of state ATM transactions have been blocked on Educators Credit Union ATM cards. If you will be traveling out of state and will need to use your ATM card, please contact the credit union at 800-596-5460 or 254-776-7900. Thank you.
ATM Safety Precautions
- Always save your receipts. Don’t leave them at the ATM machine.
- When receiving your statement carefully compare your records to those of the financial institution.
- Don’t loan your ATM card to anyone.
- Remember to take your card after completing your transaction.
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Don’t give anyone information regarding your ATM card of PIN over the phone.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN.
- If your ATM card is lost or stolen, immediately notify the issuing financial institution.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Look out for suspicious activity near the ATM facility. At night, be sure the facility is well lighted. Consider having someone accompany you. Never accept assistance from someone you don’t know.
- If you notice anything suspicious or if any other problem arises after beginning your transaction, cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave.
- Don’t display your cash; pocket it as soon as the ATM dispenses it and count your cash later, when you’re in a safe area.
- At a drive-up facility, make sure all the car doors are locked and all the windows are up, except the driver’s window. Keep the engine running.
- Immediately report any suspicious activity or crimes to both the police and the operator of the facility.
To report a lost or stolen ATM card call Educators Credit Union at
1-800-596-5460 during regular business hours or 1-800-264-5578 during non-business hours.
Cashier’s checks can be purchased from any lobby teller. There is a $5.00 fee for each check. Checks can be made payable to any person or entity and for any amount. Blank cashier’s checks cannot be purchased.
This free service allows you to have your entire paycheck, social security payment, retirement, annuity check or any other recurring payment directly deposited into your ECU account. It’s safe, easy, convenient and you’ll have immediate access to your funds. To set up direct deposit you will need your account number and the routing number for Educators Credit Union – 311989852. You can choose to have your check directly deposited to your savings account, checking account or both. If you have any questions please contact Member Services at 254-776-7900 or 800-596-5460.
Drive Thru Lanes
At all of our branches we have drive thru lanes where members can conduct their transactions. There is a $500 withdrawal limit in the drive thru.
Educators Credit Union offers you a safe and convenient option of replacing your paper statement with an eStatement. Sign up to receive your monthly and/or quarterly statement electronically. It’s the secure, convenient and environmentally friendly way to receive your ECU statement.
Benefits to receiving your statement electronically include:
- Statements available to view usually on the first business day of the month; no more waiting for it to arrive in your mailbox.
- Your eStatement will be stored on an encrypted secure server, where only you have access to your statements.
- You have access to 12 months worth of account statements, which can be printed anytime you need them.
- No more paper records for you to file or shred.
- Reduces the possibility of mail fraud/identity theft.
- Ability to view and print copies of processed checks.
Signing up is FREE, quick and easy! Log into *Online Banking, click on the eStatement tab and enroll.
*You must be a registered Online Banking user before enrolling for eStatements.
License Tags (Automobile)
ECU has partnered with TxDOT to offer license tags to our members. If your vehicle is registered in McLennan County you can get your license tags at the Main Office in Waco. We can print tags for all vehicles, including motorcycles, RVs, boats and trailers. Simply bring in your license tag renewal notice, proof of insurance and your ID. We cannot issue past due tags. Due to TxDOT inventory, tags cannot be issued after 3 p.m. on the last business day of the month.
Mastercard Checking/Debit Card*
Access your checking account funds without ever writing a check. Use your ECU Checking/Debit card anywhere MasterCard ® is accepted. Our Checking/Debit card does not have a pin associated with it, if asked to select “debit” or “credit”, press “credit” and sign the sales receipt just as you would a credit card. (You cannot choose “debit” when using this card.)
Due to international Checking/Debit Card fraud these cards cannot be used outside the United States. We apologize for any inconvenience.
If your card is lost or stolen you are protected. Call as soon as possible to report the loss or theft. We will cancel the card immediately and issue you a new one. And “Zero Liability” means that you will not be held accountable for any fraudulent or unauthorized charges made with your card or account number.
Please be aware that ECU Debit/Checking cards cannot be used in ATM machines to withdraw cash. Thank you.
To report a lost or stolen Checking/Debit card call 1-866-664-9364.
Money orders are a safe alternative to be used in place of a personal check. They can be purchased in any increment up to $1,000.00 for a fee of $1.50 per money order. Money orders can be purchased from any lobby teller.
ECU offers three types of overdraft protection services for checking accounts: Transfers from Savings, Line of Credit Loans and $500 Overdraft Protection. Overdraft protection is designed to accommodate checkbook accounting errors, delayed deposits, etc. and is a courtesy we offer our members.
- Transfer from Savings
Should you fall short of funds in your checking account, funds will be automatically transferred from your savings account for $1 per check fee, as long as you have more than the $25 minimum balance required in your savings account.
- Line of Credit Loan*
The funds available from the loan will transfer to your checking account when needed. There is a $1 per check fee and you will only pay interest on the credit used.
- $500 Overdraft Protection*
With this service, ECU will pay overdrawn checks up to a $500 limit. An insufficient check fee of $28.00 will be charged per check paid. The fee is included in the $500 limit.
*Subject to normal credit approval.
Do you find it hard to save money out of each paycheck? You have every intention of saving, but it just never seems to happen. ECU has a solution for you… payroll deduction. Payroll deduction is a free service which allows you to automatically deposit money into your savings or checking account from each paycheck. All you need to set it up is your account number and ECU routing number – 311989852. Sign up for payroll deduction and pay yourself first!
Safe Deposit Boxes
For a safe alternative to store valuables, consider a safe deposit box. ECU offers a number of different size safe deposit boxes to members for a nominal fee.
|3×5 Box||3×10 Box||5×10 Box||8×10 Box||10×10 Box|
Safe deposit boxes can be rented at the Waco, Hewitt, TSTC, Robinson, Lake Shore and Copperas Cove offices. Boxes are rented based on availability. All sizes are not available at all locations.
Visa Gift Cards
ECU offers Pre-Paid VISA® gift cards, available in increments from $10.00 to $750.00, with a $2.50 fee per card. Gift cards can be purchased at all branch locations from any lobby teller. They make great gifts or can be used as an alternative to travelers checks. VISA® gift cards can be used anywhere VISA® is accepted.
When money must be sent at a specific time and place, use ECU’s wire transfer services. Funds can be sent to both U.S. and international financial institutions. The following fees apply:
|Domestic Wire Fee||$20.00|
|International Wire Fee||Contact ECU|
Funds can also be wired into your ECU account. There is no fee for incoming wires. Contact Account Services or click here for wiring instructions .
For incoming wires, please make sure you follow the instructions for the Federal Reserve Bank. All outgoing wires must be done in person. For documentation the member should furnish complete wiring instruction in writing. For your wire to be completed the same day, instructions must be received before 2:30 p.m. for wires to financial institutions. Please remember to allow time for verification of funds and processing to ensure your transaction can be completed on time. Visit the branch nearest you or contact Account Services at 254-776-7900 or 1-800-596-5460 for more information.